Web GIS is a pattern, or architectural approach, for implementing a modern GIS. It’s powered by web services—standard services that deliver data and capabilities, and connect components. It is s a type of distributed information system, comprising at least a server and a client, where the server is a GIS server and the client is a web browser, desktop application, or mobile application.
Why it is useful?
Web GIS applications are used to make your services available to others within and outside your organization. You will design and create these web GIS applications using a wide variety of resources, and your end users will use these applications to address any number of questions, missions, and problems. Some advantages are as follows:
- A global reach
- A large number of users
- Better cross-platform capability (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, and so on)
- Low cost as averaged by the number of users (vast majority of Internet content is free of charge to end users)
- Easy to use (including public users who may know nothing about GIS)
- Unified updates (one update works for all clients)
- Cloud hosting possible for publishing maps, data and services on the internet
- Diverse applications
- The server has a URL so that clients can find it on the web.
- The client relies on HTTP specifications to send requests to the server.
- The server performs the requested GIS operations and sends responses to the client via HTTP.
SATPALDA’S Web GIS Services
- Data Discovery & Notification Service
- Data Demand & Delivery Service
- Data Visualization & report generation
- Repository Management & User Administration
- Enterprise Support Service
- Subscription Service
- Professional Services
- Customized Services
Our Quality System
Standard software quality assurance framework is used. All essential steps for software quality assurance and testing are followed since beginning. All milestone deliveries coming at different phases come out after testing and contain test reports.
Our Demonstration & Operations Review
- Client site operations testing
- Performance review & troubleshooting
- Training of the complete system